Serves 4 – 6
250 ml lentils
250 ml cooked fresh peas
100 g long stem broccoli, or broccoli florets
6 – 8 peppadews, sliced
large handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
50 ml olive oil
25 ml apple cider vinegar
10 ml lemon rind, finely grated
50 ml lemon juice, or to taste
1 small clove of garlic, crushed
5 ml honey
30 ml fresh mint, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place lentils in 2½ cups cold water for approx. 25 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile mix all the dressing ingredients together and season to taste.
- Add the broccoli to the lentils and continue to cook with the lid on for 5 – 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and crisp and the lentils cooked. Drain and rinse under cold water then add the peas and leave to cool with half of the dressing mixed through.
- Add peppadews and fresh mint leaves, season to taste and serve with the extra dressing on the side.
- Turn the salad into a more substantial meal by adding brown rice