A super delicious asparagus, tomato and feta salad drizzled with an easy balsamic vinaigrette. It’s healthy, colorful, and flavorful and has such a great blend of textures.
- 6 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus (preferably medium thickness), tough ends trimmed, remaining diced into 2-inch pieces
- 1kg cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 wheels goats feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium onion sliced into rings
- 1 small Sweet yellow pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile prepare vinaigrette – add vinegar to a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat and allow to boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into a jar or bowl, add olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic and whisk to blend while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add asparagus to boiling water and allow to boil until tender and crisp, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile fill a medium mixing bowl with ice and cold water. Drain and immediately transfer asparagus to ice water, let rest about 10 seconds then drain asparagus well.
- Transfer to a bowl with tomatoes, walnuts, onion and sweet pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette over top and toss lightly.
- Sprinkle with the goats feta and serve.