- 10 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 kg green beans, ends trimmed
- black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5/6 chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt and fresh black pepper
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of salted water until tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- In a second pot, cover string beans with water and boil until string beans are tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Drain then quickly run under cold water to prevent them from overcooking.
- When the potatoes are done, drain.
- In a large bowl, combine apple cider, oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes, green beans, chives and olives.
- Mix well and serve at room temperature.