Due to the holiday season, with Christmas and New Year celebrations, I am finding that people are experiencing a great amount of mucus related conditions. In most cases, this mucus is as a result of the body ridding itself of toxins via the mucus membranes of the nose, sinuses and bronchial tubes. If a lot of cooldrinks, cakes and alcohol were consumed during the festive season, the body would have become overloaded with sugar, MSG, chemicals, gluten, etc.
The following can be helpful:
– Using tea tree essential oil drops on the skin area where the sinuses are situated next to the nose, helps a great deal to open a blocked nose. Start with one drop – its a very strong oil.
– Using saline solution as a nasal wash in addition to the tea tree oil also helps.
– Reflexology pressure points, applied – for a few seconds only – to the finger tips, help open the energy zones of some of the sinuses in the head, in order to relieve the symptoms.
– A person may benefit from drinking 1 – 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice in a glass of clean lukewarm water on waking. This aids the liver and enables it to flush out toxins.
Lemon water has anti-inflammatory actions which help relieve the symptoms of a sore throat. It also helps to relieve inflammation of the tonsils and fights respiratory tract infections. It is therefore very effective in fighting the common cold.
Refrain from using more than 3 tablespoons of lemon juice per day as it can result in too drastic a detox.
– Eating fresh onions in salads twice a day assists the body in getting rid of excess mucus. A small amount of lemon juice squeezed over the onions will take away their burn.
These are some suggestions for immediate relief of the sinuses and other mucous membranes. But one should really identify the underlying diseased organs that are affecting the mucous membranes, or are causing infection to take hold, like disturbed body pH or the reason that an allergy developed. Unfortunately, our habit is to not search for chronic diseased organs but only to focus on the acute sinus symptoms. This may develop into serious disease as time goes by, if no attention is given to the chronic diseased organs. The Embryonic Reflexology Connection methodology that I use can address these issues. – Mardeen Stoltz